Tuesday, October 9, 2012
Back on the Saddle
Well, I did it. I got back on the saddle. Recently, I had been slacking in my exercising. I just did not have the drive, energy, or the motivation to get up and get moving. I know that moving is important in this journey, I just could not do it. Well, yesterday I decided that no matter what, I was going to get up this morning and exercise. Like Chalene Johnson says, make your workout time non-negotiable, and that is what I did this morning. I dragged myself out of bed, put on my workout clothes and pushed play. And let me tell you, it felt great!
While working out I remembered something, that it was my drug. I feel a high after every workout, it is a feeling of accomplishment! When I was in my slump I guess you could say my body was in withdrawal, it did not want to move, get out of bed, and was always tired. Another thing I found to be true is, when you don't work out you really don't have any energy (Chalene Johnson, again). Even 15 minutes a day is better than nothing.
So, like I said, I am back on the saddle. I can't wait to go home this evening so I can pull a neighbor on a walk with me around the neighborhood. I have my appointment for tomorrow morning set, and it is non-negotiable. :-)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment