Sunday, January 27, 2013
Life, Love, & Fitness
It's been a little while since my last blog, but my family has been dealing with a lot. That is not to say that I have given up on my goals that I have set for myself, but to the contrary, I continue to push forward.
This post is mostly for me, and I hope you all can understand that. On Friday, January 25,2013 I lost my number one supporter, my heart, my rock, my kids grandmother, but above all of that she was my Mommy. No matter what, she was always there for me, even when I didn't think I needed her. She was one of the strongest women that I knew, besides my grandmother. I could always count on her no matter what. When I didn't see a way, she always did.
When my mom first went into the hospital it was for an infection in her foot, we never thought less than two months later we would be saying goodbye.
I can remember when I started back working out she was always supportive. When my husband had his knee surgery, she would always ask him if I was still working out even though he couldn't. Like I said she was my number one supporter. She always wanted us girls to be better than she was, and I can see that now.
My mom raised 5 intelligent, strong, fairly outspoken young women. We all have her in us and we will continue to be strong and carry on because that is what she would expect of us. We will be strong for each other and for those in our family. We will continue to have each others backs. We will also continue to argue because that is what we do, but even when we argue we will continue to love each other with our whole hearts, because that is what Mommy taught us. But most of all we will continue to love her. I know we have a long journey ahead of us and that it is going to be tough one, but we will make it and we will be there for each other.
So as I continue on my fitness/health journey, I will do so knowing that I still have my biggest supporter. I will push through those days when I don't want to, because I'm not only doing it for me, but for her as well. To honor her and to be the healthiest version of me that I can be.
I love you Mommy!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment