When I first started this journey, I don't think I was all too serious about my nutrition. Sure I would eat healthier options of things I liked, but I would also mindlessly munch on little pieces of dark chocolate, heck, even eat a WHOLE bag of Cheetos on occasion. I know, I know, not good. I finally realized that my constant lack of food monitoring was sabotaging all of my efforts to slim down and get healthy. So I started looking for other alternatives to snack and eat.
Today I decided to list some calorie light foods that are very filling.
1. Fish: 3 ounces of fish is roughly 100 calories.
2. Soup: You can have 1 cup of soup and consume 50-100 calories.
3. Air popped Popcorn: 3 cups of this treat is only 93 calories (remember, no butter).
4. Lean Beef: You can still have 3 ounces of a good steak and only consume 160 calories.
5. Apple: Remember that saying an apple a day keeps the doctor away, well it is also on 50-100 calories.
6. Anything wholegrain or whole wheat: These calories vary, but they are more filling and nutritious than the white varities.
7. ALL vegetables: 1 cup of vegetables is 5-80 calories. I LOVE my veggies!
8. Skinless chicken: half a cup of skinless chicken is around 100 calories.
9. Oatmeal: This is one of my breakfast go to's, and it is 150 calories for 1/2 cup.
10. Grapes: I don't know about you but they go quick in my house, and they are anywhere from 50-100 calories per cup. This also applies to most fruit. So eat up!
I know it takes time to get your eating under control. Just remember to take it one day at a time, replace on bad choice with one good choice per week. You'll be suprised at the difference it makes. If you focus on being healthy, then the weight loss will follow. It took me a long time to realize this, and I hope I can help someone realize it sooner than I did.
Here's a recipe for everyone:
Spinach-Stuffed Salmon Fillets
Total Time: 25 minutes
Prep Time: 5 min.
Yield: 2 servings
Ingredients:
2 (4-oz.) raw wild salmon fillets
Sea salt and ground black pepper (to taste; optional)
2 cups fresh baby spinach, coarsely chopped
1 Tbsp. chopped, dry-pack sun-dried tomatoes
¼ cup chopped raw almonds
Nonstick cooking spray
Preparation:
1. Heat oven to 350° F.
2. Cut a slit lengthwise ¾ of the way through each salmon fillet, making sure not to cut all the way through. Season with salt and pepper if desired. Set aside.
3. Combine spinach, tomatoes, and almonds in a medium bowl; mix well. Spoon ½ of the mixture into each slit.
4. Arrange fillets on baking pan lightly coated with spray.
5. Bake for 15 to 20 minutes, or until salmon flakes easily when tested with a fork and the spinach mixture is heated through.
Nutritional Information: (per serving)
Calories:241 Fat:13g Saturated Fat:2g Cholesterol:62mg Sodium:220mg Carbs:5g Fiber:2g Sugars:1g Protein:26g
Be sure to follow me on Facebook at www.facebook.com/teamfitmckinney.
Deliciously yours,
Lisha
No comments:
Post a Comment